GS Centrifugal Sifters.
The new range of Mk III centrifugal sifter provides three base modules incorporating twelve standard configurations which can be optimised to suit different processes depending on the requirements of the application in terms of throughput rate, sieving mesh size, materials of construction, surface finishes and hygiene requirements.
The Centrifugal Sifter is designed to separate particles of different sizes into two product streams, or alternatively to remove tramp material. The compact, hygienic design and high throughput make centrifugal sifters the most appropriate equipment for high efficiency and high capacity product screening and calibration.
Gericke sifters are utilized to guarantee product quality within the processing of powdery products, granules, or fibre. Our ATEX certified sifters provide three main operations of the sifting processes:
- Particle Separation: the separation of two different product fractions with varying particle size, typically within the range of 40μ to 5 mm.
- Safety sifting: removal of foreign parts and tramp material prior to product entering the production process or to secure product quality before filling processes.
- Conditioning: to separate foreign bodies and condition the bulk density of the product prior to entering production or immediately before packing.
Gericke sifters have been designed and developed for the optimization of these sifting tasks. The basic principles of centrifugal sifting, provides high level performance and optimum separation with a minimal footprint.
Sifting capacities from; 2-3 kg/hour guaranteeing product quality of high value small batch operations, to 120 t/hour minimising the time-frame for filling of road tankers, a preferred method utilized throughout the milling industry and the production and processing of sugar and starch.
The benefits of using a Gericke Mk III Sifter include.
- Dust tight
- Low noise levels
- Low plant area with high output
- Low power consumption
- No vibrations
- High efficiency
- Continuous discharge of oversize
- Robust compact construction
- Easy clean
- Ease of screen inspection
- Ease of screen tensioning
- Adjustable paddle blades
- Range of machine types, sizes and finishes to suit most sifting applications
- Range of sieve materials
- Excellent inspection and cleaning access
- Hinged doors for quick access (for inspection or basket change)
- 360° in-situ rotation of basket and screen – for inspection
- Cantilevered design option (no Non-Drive-End bearing)
- Easy shaft removal using standard tooling
- Improved basket design with built in tension and length adjustment
- Air regulation assembly
- Enhanced hygiene
- ATEX certified from safe area to zone 20 internal 21 external
- Bespoke designs:
- Pressure rated
- In-Line (positive pressure or vacuum conveying
|Gericke Centrifugal sifters have full ATEX certification for 'dust' classifications and are able to include HD Nylon screens as well as steel screens into ATEX hazardous classified zones providing greater flexibility for material processing.|
* Wheat Flour, screen 1000 micron Nylon. Contact Gericke for detailed advice for your application.
Typical Materials Handled