The Gericke Nibbler
The Nibbler is a coarse grinder and pre-breaker for the size reduction of a varied range of applications such as de-agglomeration, re-work and breaking down/size reduction of lumpy products.
Typical bulk feed product up to 150 mm.
Size reduction down to 1 mm.
Screen sizes 1 mm to 25 mm.
Principle of operation.
- Product enters the inlet either by dump feed or controlled feed depending on application.
- A paddle assembly rotates the product inside the size reduction chamber at slow rotational speed.
- Attrition milling, shears the product through the screen.
- All product is discharged through the single outlet.
Area of application.
Nibblers are placed directly after sack tipping stations or silos to prepare it for the following process. Another field of application is the size reduction after a process as drying or for recycling of broken products.
Main process uses
- De-agglomeration after drying, spraying and mixing etc.
- After storage in silos.
- Below big bag stations, sacks, drums and containers where compaction may occur.
- Before secondary processing including milling, grinding and feeding.
- Before pneumatic or mechanical conveying.
- Reprocessing/reclaiming of oversize or off-spec materials.
- After band driers with up to 3 metre wide discharge outlets.
- High capacity size reduction
- Compact design
- Low Power consumption
- Low noise levels
- Minimum product temperature rise
- Minimum fines generation
- Consistent particle size
- Low rotational speed
- No special tools required for maintenance
- Robust compact construction
- 5 standard models
- Quick access basket removal
- Adjustable paddle blades
- ATEX versions avaiable
1) Other models on request.
2) Granulated Sugar de-agglomeration on 6 mm serrated screen contact Gericke for detailed advice on your application.
Process rates from less than 10 kg/hr up to 50,000 kg/hr are achievable dependant on application:
- Product being handled
- screen size from 1 mm to 25 mm
- Screen materials perforated plate/serrated/woven wire
- Stainless steel or mild steel
- ATEX categories 1, 2, 3
- Pressure rated casing
- Hygienic options
- Version for special temperature range (e.g for freezing rooms)
- Different sealing versions
- Extended inlets up to 3 mtrs long
- Polished surfaces
- Inlet and Outlet hoppers as well as feeding and conveying solutions
The product range of Gericke Lump breakers includes five standard sizes which are selected on throughput requirement and initial particle size. Special machines up to three meters long are available.
Other options include jacketed units for heating drying and cooling, 10 bar construction, heavy duty drives, mobiles assemblies and a lot more.