Economical Mixing with GBM Batch Mixer
The GBM series offers impressive processing, flexibility and reliability. Optimum configuration of the mixer housing and paddle shape as well as the favourable positioning of the infeed ducts for micro-components mean the mixing process is three to four times shorter than in comparable devices.
The GBM single-shaft mixer has been designed based on more than 100 years of experience in building mixers. The modular design ensures the best possible adaptation to the requirements of the process.
Bolt-on mixing paddles are used in the standard version. Optionally, the GBM mixer can be equipped with ploughshares or spiral blades.
Principle of Operation
The rotating paddles divide and blend sequentially the mass of product and generate a quick and intense movement of each particle through the mixing chamber (convection).
Due to the defined angle of the paddles the mixer has an excellent axial and radial dispersion.
Using choppers additional energy is applied to the product to break up lumps and ensure the dispersion of any agglomerates or liquids. Choppers are also used for granulation processes as well.
The paddle design means product is transported to the outlet valve for a quick and complete discharge of the mixer.
Area of Application
GERICKE GBM batch mixer are used for mixing of solids with two or more components in many different applications, e.g.:
- Catalytic converters
- Dry feed for dogs and cats
- Feed mixtures for small animals
- Concentrated feed
- Fish feed
- High mixing quality thanks to optimal shape and geometry, and without deterioration of the mixed material
- Greater throughput thanks to a short mixing time: Optimum configuration of the mixer housing and paddle shape as well as the favourable positioning of the infeed ducts for micro-components mean the mixing process is three to four times shorter than in comparable devices.
- Flexible process configuration: A reproducible mixing quality can be guaranteed efficiently via the combination of matching drive packages and the particular mixing chamber geometry.
- Energy efficiency saves energy
- Quality and performance: The GBM series offers impressive processing and reliability.
- For batch sizes from 50 l up to 4’400 l
- Large side door for easy access
- Designed according to FDA and EHEDG guidelines
- Available for ATEX and IECEx Categories 1, 2 or 3
- Various process connections, surface finishes, product outlets, shaft sealings
- Optional cutter blades to resolve lumps and agglomerates
- Can be fitted with load cells for weighing.