GCM continuous mixer by Gericke.
Mixer for continuous processes. The mixer is suitable for mixing a wide range of powders, flakes and granulates and also viscous products. Spraying with liquids and thermal processes are very effective. Easy to clean. The GCM is suitable for very difficult mixing tasks.
Continuous mixing processes are a useful alternative to traditional batch processes and have the following advantages:
- efficient process management
- high plant usage
- low space requirements
- optimised energy usage
Principle of operation.
The infeed ingredients are continuously weighed by the Gericke metering system and fed into the mixing chamber in accordance with the recipe. GCM continuous mixers offer the optimum combination of radial and axial mixing (dispersion) depending on the task and the type of component.
The axial dispersion compensates for variations in feed concentration and results in a defined residence time distribution.
The radial dispersion is defined as mixing by rotation. The forward motion causes intensive material transport and forms a fluidised zone. This allows even addition of liquids.
Area of application.
The correct placement of feeders and mixers makes safe operation and cleaning easier.
Gericke recommends taking the following criteria into account:
Place the mixer close to the downstream processing stage
- Plan space for access around the metering units and mixers
- Minimise vibration and pressure forces on gravimetric feeding units
- Integrate the cleaning concept when designing the plant
Powdered products such as additives, washing powder components, solids and grains including cereals or plastic granulates can be mixed. Product properties such as very fine, wide particle size distribution or variable specific density can be handled. With the optimum ratio of mixing volume to throughput the mixing process is gentle, fast and respects the different properties of the bulk material.
- preserving sugar
- milk powder with vitamins and mineral additives
- additives with plastic granulates
- raw materials for ceramic extrusions
Solid with liquid additives
Bulk materials are sprayed with aromas, binding agents or other liquids or the liquid is poured on. The prime concern is prevention of formation of agglomerates, absorption or liquid binding with the product. The mixer is adjusted by size, number and location of spray points, nozzle, residence time etc.
- instant coffee with aroma
- mixing muesli bars
- substrates with expanded glass beads and binders
Liquid with solids
The ratio between solid and liquid may be 50% or greater. The mixed product remains in a liquid or viscous phase. GCM mixers can be cleaned quickly with the easy access mixing chamber.
- coating masses for confectionary
- binders for gluing processes
- viscous mixtures
- Maximum mixing homogeneity even with very small component proportions
- Easy adjustment of mixer to vary products, recipes and outputs
- Minimum product residue at the end of the process, good residue discharge
- Easy, fast and complete discharge
- Low space requirements even with large throughputs
- Hygiene and pharmaceutical models (optional)
- Inertisation with gas blanket (optional)