Rotary valves by Gericke.
Using rotary valves that are adapted to the specific requirements of a powder handling application, increases the process efficiency.
Rota Val, a member of the Gericke Group, offers an extensive product range including standard rotary valves as well as hygienic valves, suitable for food and pharmaceutical industries. Rota Val manufactures also valves for bulk road tanker discharging and valves with very large entry section 600 x 800 mm.
Rota Val valves are pressure resistant up to 10 bar and act as flame barrier.
Principle of operation.
A rotary valve is a compact device that controls the continuous discharge of particulate solids under gravity. It may also function to
- Dose the flow of product to the required value
- Maintain a gas pressure differential
- Act as an explosion barrier
- Act as a flame barrier
- Act as a process isolator/barrier
Area of application.
A rotary valve is a volumetric discharging device that isolates zones with different pressure. It has many areas of use in conveying systems, a few examples are:
Pneumatic conveying systems
- To dose product from a silo into a conveying line
- Act as an airlock between a screw conveyor and conveying line
- Act as an airlock between a Gericke mixer and conveying line
- Act as an airlock between a sifter and conveying line
- Filling of process machines
- Discharge a smooth flow of product from a hopper in to a mill
- Controlled discharge orf hoppers
- Continuous discharge of vacuum receiving hoppers
Industries that we sell our rotary valves into
- Animal feed
- Mining & Quarries
- Silo road tanker
Areas of application